Meeting through friends, family, social events, or at work, are traditional and romantic ways to find a significant other. However, over the last few years these ways have become significantly less popular. Can it mean that online dating can win over the vibes of traditional meetings, or is it just the time to diversify dating approaches?
Hard to deny that the first walking home together or good night-kisses will never get old – old-fashioned maybe, but never old. However, according to a recent research of Stanford sociologist, 39% of couples met online in 2017. In a time when Internet dating unites millions of couples, matchmaking algorithms are a go-to method for seizing once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. Why should one give it a try? Apart from a surprising mail order bride success rate, it’s easy and doesn’t require special skills. Anyone can get an account, an amazing experience, and the possibility to find a soulmate who will change their lives. So, let’s compare Internet dating with the old-fashioned way, and find out the undeniable perks of online dating.
Offline dating services: is real dating still alive?
Despite the popularity of online dating websites and apps, traditional dating is still a great option for meeting “the one”. First, whenever your paths cross, you know how offline dating works and what you can expect from that. Second, while dating in real life, you can make sure that you’ve met a good match much easily. So, what are the pros and cons of dating and meeting offline?
The pros of offline dating: real vibes & genuine actions
The advantages of real dating can be quite numerous with a few standing out. So, what are the main pros of starting your meeting and relationships face-to-face?
- You can immediately get to know a person. In such a case, your date will be honest and show their real personality. With an online dating approach, there are odds of coming across fake profiles, catfishers, or fraudsters. When you meet in person, you can’t lie about your age, background, appearance, height, weight, or other significant features.
- You can easily get the approval of your friends or family. Especially, when you are in the haze of infatuation you can rely on the objective opinion of those closest to you. Also, if you meet through your friends, there are fewer chances that things will go sideways.
- Chemistry usually happens much faster when you can see each other. You can see your date’s emotions, get to know each other better, etc.
The cons of traditional dating: why is it more difficult to date offline in 21 century?
Although offline dating offers genuine opportunities to meet a soulmate and start a happy relationship, it has 2 shortcomings. What are the main disadvantages you can encounter when you decide to meet your significant other offline?
- Your social circle may be limited. It will be much more difficult to meet people who don’t share the same interests or live far from you (on another continent, for example);
- If you are career-focused, it may be quite daunting to regularly go out looking for a specific life partner. Also, if you feel shy to approach unknown people, an old-fashioned way of dating can cause quite a lot of hesitation and awkward moments.
Real-life dating vs online: pros & cons of giving Internet a chance
While researchers prove that couples who meet on the Internet tend to marry faster and generally end up in long-lasting relationships more often, there are still a lot of advantages of online dating. So, what opportunities does it open for singles? And is it worth all difficulties?
Positives of online dating: things you won’t be able to live without
Along with such a high rate of marriages that started by meeting online, there are lots of other perks. What are these advantages? Let’s find them out.
- Online dating helps you to open up easier and faster. Not only are you more relaxed, but you can be more direct about your intentions. When dating in real life, lots of people are really unsure whether they should start a direct conversation about a serious relationship or better wait in order not to scare their dates off. On online websites, a man can easily meet a woman looking for a man to marry and she will be as active as would never be in real life. Lots of mail order brides share their long-run intentions, and thus, they are ready to approach and initiate conversation with like-minded men.
- On online services, where everyone is looking for a relationship, you can be sure that your first step is wanted and appreciated.
- Many websites develop advanced matchmaking algorithms where you can meet a girl of your dream with just a few clicks. Answer the questions, pass a quiz, and set the filters – and here you go. The website can simplify a lot of processes and save a lot of your time.
- You have more time to get to know each other. Don’t you want to waste your time and energy on dates you would never see twice? Before planning the first real date, you can discuss your goals, values, and interests (and avoid any possible disappointment beforehand).
Pitfalls VS advantages of online dating
Online dating has some cons you can come across. Let’s discuss them in detail.
- Like in real life, you can’t know for sure whether or not your date is genuinely honest with you when she talks about her endless love for you. Dating scams are popular, and this phenomenon actually exists. However, more and more services introduce effective ways of fighting deceitful members.
- You can confront the problem of too much choice. Technologies present new solutions for all your needs, while difficulties follow us after that. Some people suffer from the inability to select one person while dating online: only imagine thousands of profiles, unlimited messages, and communication with several attractive ladies simultaneously. However, sooner or later, when you meet that one and only, other single brides don’t seem to be so important anymore.
Perks of online dating: all the best international dating websites in one place
While the best places to meet your love offline are still highly discussed, you can have a great choice of reliable, effective services with a friendly dating environment. So, do you want to find a website that will not only help you to meet the one, but also provide you with the best user-experience? Check out best international dating sites and choose the right place basing on opinions of professional dating experts.
Online vs offline dating: final thoughts
So, what to choose: traditional or online dating? Now, lots of people can actually enjoy both means combining them instead of limiting themselves with only one. Choose offline dating whenever you feel ready for new interactions right now and right here. Try offline dating when you want to discover other dating areas or cities, know whom you are looking for, or just crave adventures, feel free to look for your love without time or place restrictions, or just not extend your search over the years. In conclusion, it all comes down to the most genuine desire – to find that one and the only. And here, all ways are good.