Online Dating Scammers List 2024 To Keep An Eye On
Online dating scammers are among the most common cons you can stumble upon when using mail order brides websites. Nevertheless, they aren’t as terrifying as they seem when you know how to avoid them or detect fraudulent activities. This article will tell you more about these annoying scammers, provide a dating scammer list, so you know what sites you should never click, and share valuable tips on how to avoid mail order bride scam.
What are online dating scammers?
Dating sites scams are fraudulent activities aimed at getting users’ money or personal information. Usually, you can stumble upon them when using fake mail order brides platforms, but there are multiple fake profiles on legit mail order brides sites too.
In case you accidentally use the sites of the first category, all your actions would be useless because you won’t achieve the desired result, which is finding a mail order bride. If you come across online dating scammers related to the second case, you’ll communicate with fraudsters instead of real ladies.
In this way, you’ll waste your time thinking you are chatting with a girl who perfectly matches your taste, while the reality is that you’re communicating with mail order brides site scams whose primary goal is to get your money.
If you’re worried whether a certain profile is real and its activities seem suspicious, don’t hesitate to reach out to the support department and notify them about the situation.
List of mail order bride scam platforms
- J4L. Men often fall for bright design and seemingly attractive profiles of women that use this website. However, it’s fake. So-called female users on this website won’t agree to have a video call or offline date with you. It’s often on top of any dating scammer list because this website will put its hands on your money before you even realize it.
- Elena’s Models. This is one of the most popular online dating scammers, known for the abundance of fake profiles. Since this is one of the dating sites scams, the communication on this platform is fee-based, so women will put effort into sending you as many messages as possible to make you spend more money. All the profiles are fake, so you will waste both your time and money and get nothing in exchange.
- Dream Singles. This is one of those mail order brides site scams that are so blunt and obvious that it’s hard to believe this. It steals money from users’ credit cards when they’re trying to buy credit packages. Instead of charging $100, it charges $100, so it can rob you in a split second.
How to avoid mail order brides site scams?
Most people engaged in mail order bride scam activities are focused on those who don’t know how online dating works because it’s easier to make such users fall for their make-believe. They often manipulate new users and create false expectations. That’s why you need to be aware of some mail order brides sites basics to avoid landing on the fraudsters’ hook.
First off, legit mail order brides platforms are about long-term and trusting relationships, so men and women who register there have serious intentions. Ladies aren’t looking for sugar daddies or short-term relationships. Also, they don’t ask for money because they’re looking for soulmates. That’s why the first sign that you need to leave the platform is when ladies start asking to send them money. In case such happens, make sure to report to the support department.
There’s an array of trusted mail order brides websites that offer high-quality services for affordable prices. To find one, you need to do quick research, check other users’ reviews, and compare the available prices and services. The more information you have about the website and the more positive reviews it has, the more confident you can be in its safety and reliability.
Also, paid registration is a clear sign of mail order bride scam. Surely, there are various services to pay for when using online dating platforms, but spending money if you haven’t seen what the site has to offer is suspicious and not worth it. Most often, sites that wait for your confirmation about being a paid user are considered online dating scammers.
You can leverage several tips to make your dating experience more enjoyable and protect yourself from scammers. These include the following:
- Do research before choosing a website. You need to know what other users say about a certain dating platform before actually opting for it. Look for sites with reputation supported by real people and those that offer effective and high-quality services. Read articles, take a look at its blog, and check review platforms to see what other users say about their experience of using a certain mail order brides platform.
- Avoid spending money right away. Most online dating platforms require their users to pay for the services before using them, and usually, these are communication tools. However, you should keep an eye out if the website asks you to pay money during the registration process or on the first day of using it. As a rule, users explore the services in their first couple of days to understand if it fits their expectations and is worth their money. If you see such financial requirements, look for other fraud signs, such as similar messages from girls. Don’t spend money on your first day and take your time.
- Don’t fall for girls who ask for money. Mail order brides services are for those looking for their soulmates. They want to build strong relationships but not find sugar babies/daddies. Thus, if a mail order bride asks you to send her money, she might be a scammer. Also, such requests are often followed by tear-jerking stories. So, don’t fall for such tales to avoid losing your money.
- Never follow questionable links. Phishing is a common method for accessing people’s personal and financial data. That’s why you need to make sure all your passwords are secure and don’t click on suspicious links to prevent scammers from accessing your data.
How to choose trusted mail order brides websites?
Trusted mail order brides websites are the ones that have multiple users’ reviews on various platforms and those that are filled with content on their blogs. You can check the reviews on such platforms as TrustPilot and SiteJabber. Also, make sure to check the website’s posts, articles, and reviews.
Mail order bride scam is relatively widespread today because fraudsters constantly come up with novel approaches and methods to get potential users’ attention and then—money. Although it’s easy to fall into the trap of online dating scammers, you can avoid it by checking out the platforms you liked the most. For example, pay attention to its content, pricing policies, and customer support responsiveness.
What to do if you got scammed?
Although all reputable websites don’t tolerate scams and introduce various policies to decrease the number of fraudsters, they still can’t guarantee 100% safety. So, even if you got scammed, you shouldn’t be angry because it won’t help you solve the problem and catch the scammers. In this situation, you need to act quickly and reach out to the customer support department right away. They know what to do and will surely help you.
However, if you think the website, in general, is fraudulent, there won’t be any sense in contacting the support because its specialists aren’t interested in helping you. That’s why you should carefully choose a dating platform.
A high-quality website that offers legit services and has many positive reviews is your prerequisite to success. But if the scammers own the platform, you will be left with nothing because they won’t give your money back and cover their tracks.
So, pay attention to the options when choosing a mail order brides platform. In that case, you can end up registering on a reliable website with reliable customer support and advanced services. Such sites help their members fight scammers and encourage users to report suspicious activities.
Trusted mail order brides websites are the best option for those looking for foreign brides. However, you should be careful to avoid online dating scammers and not mess up your online dating experience. Always be alert and pay attention to red flags to avoid becoming a victim of a platform from the mentioned dating scammer list.